DentalPlans.com is Going Green!
Our employees use mugs, not Styrofoam cups.
All of our Members are encouraged to print their Membership cards rather than receive a Welcome Packet through the mail.
At DentalPlans.com, we know that small, every day efforts can make a large impact over time and that’s why we’ve taken several steps toward creating a greener, more efficient workplace.
We're using the advantages of the digital age to reduce the energy consumption of both our employees and our plan members. In addition to conserving resources, our GO Green Initiative has the potential to save up to 5% of our annual turnover – creating a sustainable workplace.
We've taken several steps to increase sustainability for DentalPlans.com employees and Members:
- Increase efficiency by using florescent lights rather than halogen/incandescent lights.
- Use daylight rather than artificial light whenever possible.
- Reduce computer and monitor energy consumption by 70% by turning them off before leaving work each day.
- Reduce paper use by using both sides of paper for faxes, scraps or drafts.
- Save ink by using draft print mode.
- Reduce need for new furniture by using modular office furniture.
We hope you'll join us in taking strides to a cleaner, better tomorrow. Today.
Did you know...
For every ton of paper that is recycled, the following is saved: 7,000 gallons of water; 380 gallons of oil; and enough electricity to power an average house for six months.
You can run a TV for six hours on the amount of electricity that is saved by recycling one aluminum can.
By recycling just one glass bottle, you save enough electricity to power a 100-watt bulb for four hours.